Handling Brain Injury Claims Throughout the Tacoma, Federal Way & Bellevue Areas
The staff of The Ye Law Firm have the knowledge and experience to litigate brain injury claims resulting from accidents in Washington state that weren’t your fault. Our attorneys can help you seek the compensation you or a loved one deserves. Trust our legal team to protect your rights.
Talk to an Experienced Lawyer about Your Accident
Thousands of traumatic brain injury deaths and hospitalizations occur in Washington state each year. Whatever the circumstances of your accident, the results can be emotionally devastating, very expensive and extremely painful. The party responsible for damages is obligated to compensate you for their negligence, so properly handling brain injury claims is extremely important.
Individuals and families worry they’ll not receive the support they need and deserve following an accidents resulting in brain injuries. It can be incredibly difficult to tackle legal logistics while also processing the sudden loss of normalcy in your life. It’s important to retain experienced legal help that has experience winning cases of this kind. Ask potential attorneys how many similar brain injury cases they’ve represented and won, as well as how they’ve successfully approached brain injury claims.
It’s important to remember that the cause of an accident is often not clear or apparent right away. Never accept responsibility or assume you were at fault for an accident until you have the accident report in hand and had an attorney review your case.
Accidents Often Resulting in Brain Injuries
Brain injuries are usually the result of a sudden and violent blow to the head. This type of injury is a major cause of disability and death in the United States, and severity depends on which part of the brain is affected and the extent of the damage there. Common accidents resulting in brain injury claims include:
Types & Levels of Brain Injury
Every brain injury is unique, and the type of damage sustained depends on the type and amount of force involved. In some cases the injury may impact only a single area of the brain, while another injury could impact many areas. The most common traumatic brain injuries include:
- Concussion. Generally caused by direct blows to the head or from a whiplash-type trauma. While fairly common, concussions can result in a number of difficulties and impairments that in some cases can last a lifetime.
- Contusion. Resulting from direct impact to the head and causing bruising on the brain, large contusions usually require surgery.
- Coup-Contrecoup. Occurring when the impact force is so strong that a contusions develop at the site of impact and at the opposite side of the brain.
- Diffuse Axonal. Often a result of rotational forces during a car accident, this occurs when brain structures tear, releasing brain chemicals that can cause additional injury. Results range from temporary or permanent widespread brain damage to coma and death.
- Penetration. An object penetrating into the brain, usually causing great damage.
The above injury types fall into one of the following categories:
- Mild Traumatic Brain Injury. Brain scans usually appear normal but there’s a change in mental status. Mild injuries usually result in the victim being dazed or confused, but can also include loss of consciousness for a short period of time.
- Moderate Traumatic Brain Injury. Usually resulting from a non-penetrating blow or violent shaking of the head, some victims experience no apparent consequences while others suffer lifelong disabling impairments. Loss of consciousness lasts for minutes or hours, confusion lasts for days or weeks, and physical, cognitive, and/or behavioral impairments last for months or are permanent.
- Severe Brain Injury. Result from crushing blows or penetrating wounds, these are the most life-threatening. Injuries cause a range of functional short and long-term changes that can impact thinking, sensation, language and/or emotions.
Compensation For an Accident Resulting in Brain Injury
If you were not at fault for the accident that caused your brain injury, the party or parties who are at fault are legally responsible for all related damages.
Lost wages, including lost future wages
Pain, trauma & suffering
Property damages, such as your wrecked vehicle
Let Us Help With Your Brain Injury Claims
An experienced brain injury claims attorney can help you determine the monetary value of your losses, as well as help you acquire compensation through a private settlement or through the court system. If you or a loved one has sustained a brain injury through no fault of their own, seek the legal help you need and deserve. The Ye Law Firm regularly helps clients file brain injury claims and win just compensation. Call us for a no-cost consultation and comprehensive case evaluation. Our firm also provides legal assistance with other personal injury accidents including Underinsured Motorists claims and wrongful death and catastrophic injuries.
Assisting Injured Clients from the Tacoma, Federal Way & Bellevue Areas with Brain Injury Claims
Serving King, Snohomish & Pierce Counties including Federal Way, Bellevue, Seattle, Renton, Kent, Auburn, Bonney Lake, Burien, Des Moines, University Place, Puyallup & Tacoma