What Should I Do If The Person Who Caused A Car Accident Doesn’t Have Insurance?

Washington state requires all drivers carry insurance on the vehicle, however there are instances that, despite the law, the driver who was at fault was not insured. Or perhaps the other driver was insured but your injuries and the damage to your personal property was so great that there was not enough insurance to cover the costs. What should you do?

Accidents can be scary scenarios for many people because of the injuries, damage to personal property, and fear of the unknown outcomes. In this situation, you can be prepared by increasing your uninsured (or underinsured) motorist coverage. We covered uninsured and underinsured driver coverage in part of our auto accident book, however you can download and read an excerpt from the book by clicking here.

Or, feel free to download the book in full by clicking here.

book cover with a car's smashed front end; book title The Washington Auto Accident Guide part 1

Chong H. Ye N/a image
The Ye Law Firm
Chong H. Ye is a Federal Way, WA personal injury trial lawyer who understands that when clients come to him with their legal matter, they need his experience and his readiness to fight the insurance companies on their behalf. Growing up in an immigrant community in Tacoma, WA, Chong witnessed first-hand the difficulties of a language barrier when his parents needed legal representation. Many times, his parents were forgotten once they signed the fee agreement. Realizing the impersonal nature of what his parents have experienced, he wanted to help immigrants or those who lacked any legal background maneuver their ways through legal problems, especially as it relates to personal injuries.
The Ye Law Firm

9205 S Tacoma Way
Suite 109

Lakewood WA 98499